Monday, July 24, 2006

#10 - Bugger.

Phone picked up at work today no problem. Rang Orange - answered straight away and polite. PAC given and stated day for phone number swap is 31 July. Exellent. By the way the number I rang was 0800 376 2285.

Broadband. I asked if the same dept. could enrol me for the free broadband. After a little umming and ahhing he said yes, but had only done one of these before. And it took about 5 minutes for the chap to get to the right screen (sounded like he was using the wrong password.)

Then the problem started. I realised this this morning. I have a Credit Card and a Current Account Card. The latter is registered at home and the former at work (makes it much easier when getting bulky items delivered as there's nobody at home during the day.)

When I ordered the phone I had problems enterring my Current Account card details (registered at home address) and so I ended up enterring my Credit Card address as my home address. Of-course this was totally stupid because when enrolling for broadband they asked what my address was and noticed it was different from the home address. Sh1t. That's going to totally bugger my cashback up. More later. Anyway they did an address change for me (they blamed Carphonewarehouse but it was really my fault :-)

1 hour later I'm signed up. The process was painful to say the least. e.g. it took the poor chap a few goes to get the MAC accepted in his system. Changeover is in 10 working days approx. which is about 7 August. This is just in time as the MAC runs out on 9 August. May be Ok.

But its the cashback that I've probably buggered up damn. Such a stupid thing for me do get wrong. Hopefully the first £70 shouldn't be affected as its automatic. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home